Quilt Entry Rules and Regulations
Jefferson Quilt Show
“Quilts on the Bayou”
January 24 – 25, 2020 At the Jeffersonian Institute
120 E Austin St, Jefferson, TX 75657
Friday & Saturday 10 – 5
1. Mail Entry Form to:
Jefferson Regional Quilt Alliance
P.O. Box 316
Jefferson, TX 75657
White copy of Entry Form with photo attached will be accepted from October 1, 2019 thru December 31, 2019.
2. Deliver Entries to Cypress Valley Education Center, 120 East Austin St., Jefferson, Texas, between 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM, January 25, 2020 (No Exceptions). Quilts shipped should be sent to the before mentioned address in a sturdy box. Attach One copy of entry form to each item, using safety pins.
3. Quilts/items must be clean, in good condition and not shown at Jefferson Quilt Show before. All entries must have sleeves or will not be shown. Limit of 5 items per person entered. One entry form per item.
4. Entry fee is $5.00 per item, payable with entry form. If you require your quilt/item returned by U.P.S. or U.S. Postal Service, include sufficient funds to cover shipping and insurance when you submit your entry (make checks payable to Jeffersonian Regional Quilt Alliance).
5. Classification of entry should be indicated in category section. Mark one section only. The show committee will make final decisions regarding classifications.
6. Each entry must have an identification tag sewn to a lower back corner and a 4″ wide sleeve sewn across the upper backside.
7. Awards: Entries will be eligible to win Viewers’ Choice and Mayor’s Choice awards. Awards will be given to winners of Viewers’ Choice, Jefferson City Award, and Best of Show. All winners will receive Show Ribbons awarded in each Category.
8. All entries must remain on display for the entire show. No item will be released prior to 6:30 PM, Saturday, January 25, 2020. If entry is picked up, One copy of entry form MUST be presented to a Show Representative. Pick up of entries will be done in an orderly manner at the close of the Show between the hours of 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM at the Cypress Valley Education Center, 120 E. Austin, Jefferson, Texas on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
9. Quilts/items entered are accepted unless otherwise notified.
How to make a Quilt Sleeve:
Use muslin or fabric to match your quilt. Cut fabric 8 ½” wide and the width of your fabric. Put a ½” hem in each end. Fold the piece lengthwise wrong side out. Sew the long raw edges together with a ¼” seam, turn it right side out and press with the seam at the bottom and put a crease in the top. Next roll the tube down from the top, crease 1″ and press in another crease. To attach the sleeve to the back of the quilt, lay the sleeve with the second crease 1″ below the lower edge of the binding. Pin and hand stitch the second crease and the seam edge of the sleeve to the quilt. Sew only through the backing and the batting.
Entry Forms Coming Soon.